Friday, September 18, 2009

Fall festival

With high temperatures in Boston dropping into the 60s this week, it is really starting to feel like fall. I LOVE fall, and one of my favorite things about it is pumpkin! I decided to celebrate the new season by opening a gigantic can of pumpkin (we're talking the 28-ouncer). My first pumpkin creation was pumpkin-peanut risotto, which I made a few nights ago. I actually stumbled across the recipe when I was looking for a recipe for pumpkin-peanut butter cookies (which I still haven't really found, I might have to just make one up). As soon as I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it.



This just tasted like fall. It only needed a cup of pumpkin though, so I have tons more in the fridge now. I think most of it is destined to end up in yogurt or oatmeal....mmmmm. And in further fall celebration, tomorrow I'm going apple picking!

No comments:

Post a Comment