Sunday, September 20, 2009

Mountains of veggies

The pile of veggies we got this week is really overwhelming - lettuce, collards, potatoes, carrots, peppers, zucchini, summer squash, corn and broccoli. Fortunately many of these are among my favorite vegetables! Friday night I made some pasta with goat cheese and sauteed collard greens (though I could swear that they were actually mislabeled Swiss chard).



Saturday night I tried out a gratin recipe from the New York Times, which I had bookmarked a few weeks ago. This seemed like a good way to use up several veggies at once - corn, peppers (we actually had a two-week-old one that had to be consumed asap), and zucchini. It came out really well. I especially liked the cumin flavor. This could probably be easily adapted to whatever vegetables you have on hand.



Tonight I decided to go even more veggie-dense with vegetable fajitas. For this I sauteed broccoli, another green pepper, and summer squash.



Which turned into:





Buried under the mountain of veggies is a Quorn (fake chicken) cutlet. Those things are surprisingly good! Even though it's a little weird that they are made of some kind of mushroom protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment