Friday, August 14, 2009

Purple haze

One of my favorite new vegetables I've discovered through my CSA is purple carrots. (Yes purple is my favorite color.) They taste about the same as regular orange carrots, but are a little less sweet. I was very excited to get them today because I saw a recipe on Smitten Kitchen a couple of weeks ago for roasted carrot and avocado salad and have been dying to try it ever since. Here are the carrots, pre-roasting:




I roasted the carrots with some olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper for about 30 minutes. Once done, I added about 1/4 of a sliced avocado and squeezed on a little lemon juice. The sweet roasted carrots and cool creamy avocado were really a nice combination. The original recipe is here.



Sorry for the blurry photos - I should really learn to take better photos if I am going to be a good food blogger! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment