Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ratatouille and blueberries

It happened that this week we got all of the veggies necessary for ratatouille, which I haven't made since last summer. Check these out (I love the purple pepper!):



After much chopping and sauteeing, the veggies were transformed into this:



I loosely followed this recipe from Rachael Ray, but instead of putting the ratatouille into wraps I was lazy and served it over whole wheat couscous, with goat cheese crumbled on top.

After dinner, we had some friends over for Blueberry Fest '09, which I devised as a way to use up some of the ridiculous amount of blueberries we picked last weekend. I made blueberry crisp, blueberry-lemon cheesecake squares and blueberry daquiris (!!!). There may have also been some blueberry beer :) I forgot to photograph anything except for the cheesecake squares:



These were probably the most popular item of the evening. The blueberries we picked are almost gone, but I bought two more pounds at Trader Joe's yesterday (they were on sale - I couldn't resist). Trying to decide if I have the energy to try to make blueberry jam or if I should just toss them in the freezer...

1 comment: