Saturday, August 29, 2009

Week in review

I have been slacking in blogging, but I'm still cooking! Here are some creations of the past week:



This is "tofu parmesan" - tofu coated in beaten eggs and bread crumbs, then baked for about half an hour. It came out pretty well, but didn't have a ton of flavor. The tomato sauce and cheese added lots of flavor though. On the side is some braised greens, which I didn't like that much. We got a huge bag of "braising greens" last week, and I cooked them following this recipe, but they came out very fibrous and not very tasty. That might be partly because I forgot the steaming step, or maybe they needed more seasoning.



This dish is terribly unphotogenic but tasted really good. I followed a Cooking Light recipe that I clipped out recently but I can't find it on their web site, so no link. It's basically a casserole with eggplant, zucchini, cheddar cheese and wild rice. Yummmm.



There are no vegetables in here, just CHOCOLATE and PEANUT BUTTER. I had to make a dessert to bring to a picnic, and originally was going to make brownies. Then I got the idea to make peanut butter brownies, then decided to make them brownie bites using my adorable mini-muffin tin, and voila. I essentially followed this recipe (but used a mix).

We got a new veggie delivery yesterday, and I did not take a group photo but it included corn, tomatoes, kale, carrots, eggplant, soybeans, basil, onions, peaches and canteloupe. Quite a haul. Last night we just had leftovers, but today I made corn and soybean succotash, loosely following this recipe. (I left out the red bell pepper and garlic.) Fresh corn is SO good. We didn't get a huge amount of soybeans from the farm, so I threw in some frozen ones as well.



And I had to take a picture of this omelet I made this morning, since it is the first omelet I can remember making that actually vaguely resembles an omelet and not scrambled eggs with vegetables.



I just need to make sure I let the eggs cook long enough before trying to flip it. This is the same problem I always have with pancakes too, but I am gradually improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment