Saturday, August 22, 2009

So many veggies!

Just look at all of this:




Friday is CSA pickup day, so we are inundated with veggies (and fruit). What you see in the photos is the full share - we are splitting it with a friend who is out of town right now, so we are "babysitting" his veggies until he gets back. I don't know how we will eat even half of this. Well, actually I'm sure we can :)

Generally my philosophy when planning meals based on the CSA share is to use the veggies most likely to spoil/wilt first. So, last night's dinner featured lettuce. To make it a more substantial meal, I topped the salad with salmon (Trader Joe's canned wild Alaska) and brown rice. There are also some dried cranberries and feta cheese tossed in there, and a dressing I made from olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. It doesn't look all that pretty, but it was very tasty. On the side, we had some green/yellow beans that I sauteed with garlic, olive oil and dill. (The yellow beans were leftover from last week so they were a priority to be eaten.)


No comments:

Post a Comment